top of page

Farm Insurance

What is it?

Farm Insurance is coverage that protects against losses or damage to your buildings and structures, including barns, confinement facilities, dairy parlors, silos, portable buildings, pens, chutes and corral fencing, building materials for farm buildings and fixed irrigation equipment.


Livestock (cows, swine, goats, lambs and sheep) and poultry (chickens, turkeys) coverage can vary widely among farm insurance companies. It’s important to understand what is covered in your farm insurance policy and what isn’t.


Farm equipment is one of a farmer’s biggest investments −the biggest. That’s why coverage for your machinery is so important to your operation. You an insure everything from tractors, combines, planters, cotton pickers, hay rakes, other field equipment and tools and supply. We can help design a policy that will cover for storm damage, machinery catching fire or suffering damage, theft of vehicles or equipment and more.


Why do I need it?

Your buildings, livestock, and equipment are vital to the successful operation of your farm. You don't want to risk losing your farm when the unexpected occurs. 


Common Questions
What is farm liability coverage?

Farm liability coverage gives you protection you need for the unexpected, such as accidental bodily injury, medical expenses or property damage for which you are legally responsible.


What other types of liability coverage are available?

Optional liability coverage is available for rented or leased farmland, property damage from chemical over-spray, hunting or fishing liability, pump coverage for your well and more.


We work with many companies so that you can have high quality coverage for your farming operation, no matter how large or small, at a competitive price. We've been part of a farming community for many years and know that farmers have unique needs. It pays to shop your insurance needs at Sumner Insurance!

Farm Insurance
bottom of page